Thursday, January 17, 2013

One Week Left

Today marks one week left in the States! I have been spending lots of quality with my family, church family, and friends. I am so blessed to live close enough to Trinity so that I could continue to complete student observation hours in Chicago Ridge over break. I have also been able to visit my friends at Trinity and participate in and attend Outcry (weekly worship service led by Trinity students).

Tomorrow is my last day student observing and it is going to be hard saying goodbye to all my fourth grade friends. They have been a great first class to observe and have made me smile everyday I am with them. I can only imagine how hard it will be to say goodbye to everyone else. At least I have the comfort that it is a "see ya later" and that I will be reunited with you all in 3-ish months :)

As I prepare my heart for this journey, I have been trying to soak up every moment with my loved ones and have had the most encouraging advice given to me from many amazing people. After hearing their stories about how God has moved in their lives and how they hope He moves in mine, I am more than thrilled to embark on this journey. In fact, like I have alluded in my first post, I believe it has already begun!

I want to share a few verses, videos, songs, quotes, and prayers that people have shared with me or have been on my heart a lot lately. I hope you are as encouraged by them as I am! (Feel free to watch, listen, and read any or all of them- just click the links).

Psalm 121


"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." (This is the quote on my ring that I wear every day). 

MY LORD GOD, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone. -Thomas Merton Prayer


SEP Kenya-This film tells the story of how Special Education Professionals (SEP), have been able to give hope and improve life for children with special needs in Kenya.

Heshima- Heshima is the Swahili word for dignity. This program is the kind I would want to start or work for. One that not only helps the children, but also helps educate the community about special needs, and helps the parents provide for their families and for their child's education. 

Hope you are encouraged!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment